Team Lead Business Development at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In this role, you will be critical to the growth of our marketplace by being responsible for leading a team of Business Development Representatives who are tasked with identifying, developing, and managing our most important client leads. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is willing to think deeply about processes, provides insight into ways we can improve our business development strategy, and is KPIs motivated.
Our team has great people from all over the US and beyond, from all sorts of industries and all walks of life. We highly value the different perspectives and unique ideas that diversity brings to our company, and consider it an absolute necessity for our future.What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for developing local marketplace programs & tests that help us build our client leads
- Working directly with local inbound leads to gauge whether the client is a fit for our marketplace
- Studying client behavior and product analytics to iterate on strategy
- Assist in hypothesis tests and leading new business development/sales streams from concept to fully operational
- Be able to have an impact on the first impressions our prospective clients will have with the Workrise brand
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales/business development and/or sales experience
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce.
- Minimum of 3 years working in administrative, payroll, or other roles that required repeatable processes.
- Highly driven individual with an execution mentality and a strong sense of urgency and conviction
- A history of meeting or exceeding monthly targets
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in G-suite products.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and leverage data to drive solutions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to go from zero to one.
- Associates degree or higher education equivalent.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!