Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic leader to join our team as a VP of Customer Success Center of Excellence. We are committed to providing the best customer experience, and the Center of Excellence houses our core global operational efforts to impact our client engagements. The VP of CS CoE is responsible for leading the Center of Excellence and managing self-driven leaders and teams as they initiate and lead critical, complex projects and programs, aimed at ensuring our customers realize maximum value of their Pluralsight experience.
You will be responsible for leading teams that use data to design and implement value-based solutions to support our Customer Success Managers across the globe. You will lead our Value Engineering and SCALE teams, working with your teams to build initiatives around engagement and adoption for our customers. Your work will build upon our existing value framework and create new ways for our CSMs to assist customers in realizing measurable return on their investment with us. You and your team will serve as thought leaders within the global Customer Success organization and run programs that may include:
- expanding our value engineering toolkit
- coordinating best practice-sharing across the CSM population
- managing councils and partnerships with other departments
- aggregating and delivering product feedback
- optimizing the customer success motion for channel partner sales customers
- iterating on and refining the renewal negotiation process
You will prioritize your team's efforts, guiding them to pursue the most valuable initiatives that will drive meaningful improvements to the Pluralsight customer experience, that ultimately directly impact gross retention.
You and your teams will work collaboratively with stakeholders inside the Success organization and cross-functionally with partners in Sales, Marketing, Product, Data Science, Support and Professional Services. Together, you will bring an innovative approach to help us improve our current operating model as we continue to expand our customer base and product offerings.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about developing people and delivering results
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer with organizational and strategic thinking skills. People trust and follow you.
- Persistent Problem-Solver- You understand our business goals, can adapt as the business changes, and find ways to guide your team to create impactful solutions
- You have the ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- You make data driven decisions and you easily pivot when priorities change
- You are an inquisitive, critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better
- You are a natural project manager - you keep all the moving pieces organized and moving on time, and can develop these skills in your team
- You check your ego at the door, and you relish seeing other people succeed
- You are a team player eager to pitch in whenever necessary. You eagerly dive into projects and programs yourself when needed
What you'll own:
- Design, launch, manage and execute large, complex programs - Oversee your teams to maximize the efficiency of our customer-facing employees, improve the experience of our customers and increase retention and growth of our customer base. Hold team members accountable for program success.
- Recruit, hire, coach and up-level your team - Your team's performance is a reflection of your leadership. Acquire, retain and grow talent by identifying individual strengths and weaknesses and facilitating opportunities that will stretch your team members. Demonstrate empathy, transparency and accountability in every interaction with your team members, collectively and individually.
- Be a trusted partner and strategic leader - Partner effectively and cross-functionally with leaders and teams that support customer operations (Customer Success, Retention Marketing, Data Science, Revenue Strategy, Product, People Operations, Revenue Enablement, etc.). Collaborate with partners in a team-first approach. Lead by example and persuasion. Anticipate needs before they arise and solve problems proactively.
- Communicate progress and results - Succinctly and effectively communicate program and project status, and coach your team on how to do this. Identify risks and formulate risk mitigation strategies proactively. Understand when and how to escalate items as needed. Share success broady and take ownership for failure.
- Embrace technology tools - Stay current on technology solutions and constantly be looking for levers to increase the effectiveness of our customer success and renewal motions.
EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED
- Experience as a people leader leading project and program teams and delivering solutions of varying size and complexity
- Demonstrable leadership abilities. Experience leading people by authority and by persuasion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to clearly explain sophisticated issues to a range of audiences
- Understanding of a SaaS sales and renewal cycle
- Strong analytical skills, comfort with data analytics
- Experience leading dispersed team members
- Bachelors Degree, Advanced Degree (MBA a plus), PM certifications also a plus
- Strong operational mindset and ability to execute against specified targets
- Identifying patterns in customer behavior that drive retention and account expansion
IDEALLY WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Prior experience in value engineering, customer success, customer service / support, sales, pre-sales or other customer-facing roles, or in supporting these types of teams
- Successful PMO experience in a technology environment
- Managed / mentored early career professionals
- Recruited, trained, developed and retained high-performing talent
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- 10+ years managing project and program teams
- 8+ Years experience running large, cross-functional projects in a people leader role
- Exposure to multiple project management methodologies a plus
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.