Culture & Inclusion Manager
Are you driven to succeed by exceeding expectations? Are you passionate about driving positive change and developing a diverse environment in the workplace? Expedia Group has an opportunity for a passionate culture and inclusion professional to join the team. Reporting to the HRBP Director, the post holder will be responsible to partner of the development and implementation for our D&I campaigns that help drive engagement amongst audiences globally. This position will be located at our Vrbo site in Austin, Texas.
Vrbo, is our alternative accommodations organization within Expedia Group who has grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space between. At Expedia Group, we believe success stems from a versatile and diverse environment that cultivates opportunity and equality. We’ve made some positive steps forward in recent years. Globally, we’ve achieved gender pay parity across men and women in equivalent roles; 52% of our total employees are female and 35% of our senior leadership team are women.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Vrbo and EG leadership to design and execute the EG Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Help craft and drive culture and inclusion programs for EG and Vrbo including taking the Leadership role on our Culture Week
- Cross-collaborate with teams across the business to create plans and bring them to life
- Develop campaigns, timelines and budgets to implement activity globally, to internal and external audiences
- Lead the planning and logistics of Vrbo D&I events and drawing support from relevant teams
- You will devise a calendar of events and initiatives to ensure a regular drum beat of activity. Actively seeking and developing ideas to help fill gaps in the calendar.
- Research strategic speaker opportunities and liaise with conference organizers to secure key speaker slots. Crafting assets and talking points; attending events as and when required.
- Produce compelling copy and work with internal and external experts to produce highly engaging visual and audio media that creatively tells our D&I story
- Audit and track activity and compiling activity reviews to share with the business
- Develop relationships with key external partners and identifying untapped opportunities
- Look for new and cutting-edge ways to build a versatile environment
- Understand D&I issues that could impact colleagues and company reputation and ensuring the business is aware
- Lead and partner with our Business Resource Groups including budget management
- Regularly engage and collaborate with internal subject matter experts; partners including EG/Vrbo HR, legal and investor relations
- Play an instrumental role brining cross brand initiative to life across the EG organization
Who you are:
- Passionate about driving positive change through Culture & Inclusion in the workspace
- You have experience in developing and executing diversity and inclusion campaigns, for global business/es
- You have a proven record of success in issues-rich campaigns for other global businesses either in-house or in-agency
- You work effectively under deadlines and can lead multiple projects simultaneously
- You have impeccable organizational skills and the ability to think on your feet using your initiative
- Strong social skills required to lead our engagement and relationships within Expedia Group as well as with media, associations and PR agencies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Positive and self-motivated personality
- Creative thinker
- Ability to lead and execute at the Austin facility and other sites across the globe
- Collaborative spirit to develop and execute programs from an Expedia and location level
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Background in travel or ecommerce industries beneficial
- Familiarity with international business cultures – nice if previously worked in a multi-cultural environment/business
- Ability to travel for business when required
- Multi language capabilities are a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.