Employee Events Specialist
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Do your friends and family always rely on you to be the social coordinator for group gatherings? Do you thrive on bringing people together to build memorable experiences? We’re looking for an out-of-the-box thinker to help us host unique and engaging events for our growing employee population in Austin, Texas. Does this sound like you?
As the Employee Events Specialist, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and executing employee-facing events, managing our events calendar, and overseeing the ordering and organization of our branded promotional items for internal audiences.
This position, based in Austin, Texas, is part of the small, but mighty Internal Communications and Engagement team, which strives to elevate the employee experience and to create an environment where employees are energized to do their best work.
- Execute employee-facing events from end-to-end (concept to post-event recap) that reinforce HomeAway’s mission and values and drive employee engagement
- Events to include, but not limited to: social events, workplace wellness initiatives, and volunteer opportunities
- Lead events budget and calendar
- Handle the purchasing and organization of HomeAway branded items for current and prospective employees
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to maximize the impact of our efforts and to ensure a seamless execution
This is a full-time position with nontraditional hours that could include early evenings and an occasional weekend.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5+ years of experience in employee engagement, communications and / or human resources (background in party planning is a plus!)
- Stellar verbal and written communications
- Energetic, creative and detail-oriented thinker
- Sincerely likes people and enjoys the opportunity to relate to and interact with employees of all levels
- Strong problem-solver who proactively uses data to inform their decisions and drive results
- Able to multi-task and be flexible in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.