Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a strong leader to grow our HR compliance function within Medallia’s People & Culture (HR) team. The HR Compliance Manager will advise and assist Medallia with company compliance across the HR function as it relates to government programs such as OFCCP and EEOC. This position is responsible for ensuring Medallia adheres to required federal, state, and local employment rules/regulations, and provides comprehensive best practice guidance to HR leaders.
This opportunity is flexible to be remote or based in our Pleasanton, CA. office, reporting directly to the Director of Analytics & Compensation.
- Partner with Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Legal, business leaders, and 3rd party vendors to draft, implement, and monitor HR policies and programs in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including OFCCP, AAP, VEVRAA, EEOC, VETS-4212, FLSA, GDPR.
- Own completion of AAP, Vets-4212, EEO-1 and other required government reports.
- Work closely with Business Leaders in responding to both internal and external audits
- Establish HR processes and controls for government agency audits, including response preparation and ongoing compliance reviews
- Partner with our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging team to draft and recommend action-oriented plans that support company affirmative action/diversity efforts
- Ensure appropriate documentation, interpretation, and communication to leaders regarding the implementation of various compliance plans
- Ensure all annual and mid-year plans are reviewed, tracked, and communicated to stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of new AAP Plans for new locations as needed
- Analyze, refine, and present data as necessary to the HR leadership team regarding compliance efforts and progress
- Provide guidance to HR project teams to ensure new programs align to compliance.
- Develop draft job specifications; review jobs to ensure correct FLSA status, and conduct classification studies
- Experience managing a global HR compliance function that includes SOX, OFCCP, I-9, EEO & GDPR, FLSA including policy and process work as well as audit response
- Experience working on global, enterprise-wide HR projects that involve multiple & distinct teams across geographies and time zones
- Previously built a brand new HR compliance function from the ground up
- Working knowledge and experience in California
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.