Senior HR Business Partner, Enterprise Sales at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $98B+ by 2023!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the fastest-growing database on the planet, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Due to significant recent and ongoing growth in our fast-paced environment we’re now looking for a Senior HRBP to strategically partner with and support our North America Enterprise sales teams and leadership -- 200+ field salespeople based in-region across the US and Canada.
This new role provides a unique opportunity to be part of a world class business partner and broader HR team. We are focused on making MongoDB, the place for top talent to build careers, and on harnessing the power of people, culture, and diversity to grow and scale as a company. Through engaging with Sales leadership and supported by data and analytics you will collaboratively identify opportunities to drive our goals forward and enable high performance. Core focus areas include: career pathing; succession planning; rewards planning; coaching; performance management & employee relations; diversity and inclusion and much much more.
- Business Partnering
- Partner with the Regional Sales teams leaders to conceive, create and execute people initiatives that drive business results and employee development in a highly dynamic and rapidly growing business environment
- Apply HR expertise and understanding of MongoDB’s business to deliver strategic input in areas such as employee engagement, career development, performance management and employee relations
- Meet regularly and proactively with managers, directors and VPs and provide HR guidance to them on topics such as: performance management, leadership development, organizational change, retention, compliance with local employment law, employee engagement, coaching, etc.
- Develop, execute, and collaborate on programs which build critical skills and competencies as well as a ready-now and future leadership bench; continuously improve employee experience and advise on organizational design and change management
- Assist leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future business needs
- Global Initiatives
- Partner with global People team to roll out all key people processes around compensation reviews, benefits, Learning and development programs, engagement surveys etc
The right candidate for this role will have
- Several years experience as an HR Business Partner or HR Director equivalent supporting senior leaders in software sales
- An entrepreneurial spirit - we have a lot to build
- The ability to coach, develop and establish a strong feedback culture
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers surrounding people decisions
- The ability to act as a key change agent to initiate, facilitate and manage changes through effective planning, communication and coaching
- Self-motivation and assertiveness - The ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously
- Experience in HR best practices and employment law
- A strong background in using data to inform strategy and drive decisions
- Adaptability, flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Equally comfortable partnering with employees and VPs and moving regularly between the tactical and strategic priorities
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.