Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager
ExpediaWhat You'll Do:
Responsible for strategic sourcing and procurement of indirect vendor technology products and/or services supporting business units and brands within Vrbo. Specific focus and experience sourcing software, software as a service (SaaS), and related products is required. Works directly with internal business partners to lead activities that facilitate effective vendor selection processes, effective negotiations of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement to the business.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as (SME)/consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Establish and maintain strategic supplier relationships, lead agreement negotiations with our legal team and own contractual process to reach final approvals.
- Assist business with procurement process and tools including rollout of requisition workflow and global PO process.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define moderate to complex product/service requirements; assist with identifying vendors; lead RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate participation with Key internal groups (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Create, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline. Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, SaaS and licensing agreements.
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and vested internal groups.
- Support clients in management of vendors as it relates to communicating contract terms and expectations internally and to the vendor; provide support for contract changes, critical issues, remediation and termination planning.
- Perform category management and identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor potentials.
- Run administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
- Support other business related activities as directed by management.
- Excellent relationship and influencing skills.
- Work independently and lead multiple projects.
- Knowledge of the business and functional units supported, their products, services and processes and pertinent regulation impacting their delivery
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
Who You Are:
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 10-15 years’ experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus in technology, including software and SaaS; or similar industry experience with vendor, product or fulfillment management experience. Contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, JD or relevant/equivalent work experience.
- High level technical competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong business insight, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong process orientation with project management skills and validated program implementation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Great teammate who can work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; comfortable working under high levels of ambiguity.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of vested internal groups and businesses.
- Ability to manage time to complete work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to collect, manipulate and use data to drive and influence decisions and strategies.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.