Manager of Penetration Testing
As a Manager of Penetration Testing, you will play an essential role in our Rapid7 Consulting Division. In this leadership role, you will wear multiple hats to drive and grow our penetration testing line of business. You will be responsible for the overall development and delivery and growth of Rapid7’s Penetration Testing services.
- Manage consulting team comprised of Security Consultants and Senior Security Consultants.
- Work with senior leadership in order to anticipate needs and hire accordingly.
- Conduct meaningful performance reviews; meet gross margin target and revenue over cost profitability; track and achieve employee utilization target; stay within services budget.
- Support bookings goals to ensure Penetration Testing line-of-business is performing in line with growth expectations.
- Help sales to define engagement scope; enable account executives and sales engineers; develop internal training materials; conduct in-person training sessions; speak confidently on sales calls on Rapid7’s value propositions; understand client requirements Consulting; maintain low deal cycle timelines.
- Contribute to team revenue growth through team execution and management of team’s utilization goals. Work with operations and consulting coordination to ensure utilization is maximized to assist customers and drive revenue for Rapid7.
- Prepare and deliver executive level presentations both internally and to external customers; strategic message development and execution for critical tasks to team, upper management, cross-functional departments; and champion change across the organization.
- Oversee and ensure client deliverables are on time, requirements are met, proactively anticipate escalations, track issues and conduct root cause analysis assessments.
- Monitor all CSAT and NPS targets (both average and top-box); promote and obtain client references and testimonials; work with PMO to promote policies and procedures.
- Develop methodologies; solicit customer input and cross-functional buy-in; ensure staffing understands expectations and has and maintains the skillsets to execute services; develop project plans.
- 7-10 years of relevant information security experience.
- 5+ years of progressive information technology leadership roles, with at least 3 in information security management.
- Experience in consulting and working with Fortune 1000 clients
- 2+ years managing professional services
- Proven P&L management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership, team building, and coaching skills are required.
- Knowledge of Metasploit, Nexpose and App Spider are a plus.
- Past experience in developing and executing new business offerings is desirable.
- Project management skills and experience are a plus.
- Excel and PowerPoint, including Pivot Charts, macros, dashboards.
- Experience presenting to both internal and external executive leadership.
- Capable of managing business-critical functions in a calm and systematic manner.
- Knowledgeable of latest security threats, OWASP Top 10, CIS Top 20 Critical Controls, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, web platforms, network protocols
- Must be able to communicate confidently, professionally, and concisely to employees, upper management, customers, and other departments
- Sales support and enablement experience is preferred.