The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to support our Chief Technology Officer, Mark Porter, based out of the NYC Office. US remote applicants will also be considered. This position is ideal for a dynamic, intelligent, highly-organized individual who takes ownership over the details and loves to get things done. In this role, your day will consist of managing and prioritizing a steady stream of requests, meetings and trips, and working closely with Mark and the other members of the Office of the CTO team to identify and effectively manage priorities. To succeed, you’ll have to balance the needs of multiple parties thoughtfully and diplomatically, and be ready to pitch-in wherever necessary. You should feel comfortable interacting with high-level executives, and know how and when to manage in any direction in the organization, independent of role, title, or level. You know Google apps for business like the back of your hand, and thrive in a fast-paced environment without getting frazzled. You have excellent writing skills and verbal skills - and enjoy using them. We have a team-based collaborative culture, and the successful candidate will enjoy building relationships and teamwork just as much as the challenges posed by the role.Responsibilities
- Manage multiple requests and priorities of the CTO while staying calm under pressure, exercising judgment, and seeing beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing needs
- Manage the CTO’s calendar meticulously and thoughtfully, coordinating all meetings and calls, including video conferencing and team events
- Manage all travel and expenses, ready to handle international itineraries and last-minute changes
- Lead, drive, and execute on various team events and offsite meetings, including ushering contracts through the procurement process and accounts payable for payment. At times, you will need to assist with onsite logistics of the events
- Liaise with executives to drive, create, and review correspondence, spreadsheets, slide decks, and meeting agendas
- Track action items and key issues to closure with a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively
- Work very closely with the other members of the Office of the CTO as a close-knit team
- Work with the senior leaders (Mark’s direct reports, skip-levels, etc.) as needed to execute the duties of the job
- Work cross-functionally with a diverse range of individuals at all levels in the organization
- Assist with or deliver special assignments/projects, such as data analysis, as needed
- Ability to travel periodically to MongoDB offices to meet people, for group meetings, etc., is required. Some other travel may enhance your ability to flourish in your role
- 5+ years of experience supporting one or more executives, or other relevant experience working directly with executives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Prior experience supporting technical executives (CTO, CIO, CISO, etc.) and working in a highly-technical organization is a major plus
- Discretion, diplomacy, and excellent judgment; high degree of integrity when dealing with highly- sensitive and confidential material
- Demonstrates a high level of accountability married with a huge sense of urgency
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Sheets), and video conferencing tools, as well as LinkedIn.
- Thrives in a collaborative setting and excels at working with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly-organized and a meticulous attention to detail with complex calendar management experience
- Experience with managing the complications of high-volume domestic and international travel
- Open to working the flexible hours demanded by this position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to keep a calm head under pressure, exercising judgment, and seeing beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing priorities
- Takes feedback well, but also able to work autonomously with little direction and make decisions as needed
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.