Account Executive, Major Accounts
Rapid7 is leading the information security industry as a top provider of security products and services that help customers defend against everyday threats. Not only is Rapid7 on the forefront of the security revolution, but we are also known for our great company culture. We’ve won numerous awards in the past two years including Boston’s Best Places to Work, “Tech Culture Award” and most recently have been recognized as a “Visionary” in the Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
About the role:
We are searching for a Account Executives, Major Accounts to join our growing sales team. You will be selling across to our top accounts and working with Fortune 500 caliber clients. This quota carrying role is critical to the continued success of the organization and will have a high level of visibility. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving net new sales opportunities and managing up sell opportunities within their assigned geographical territory at the major account level. This right candidate for this role is as experienced and tenured account executive that has a demonstrated ability to both build and manage relationships and complex engagements with buyers, resellers and integration partners. This person will be focused on selling the entire R7 platform with an emphasis on penetrating net-new or under-sold accounts.
Rapid7 has a history of promoting from within and our sales representatives have a number of opportunities to grow within the organization. Performance and compensation are fundamentally tied, and consistently demonstrating a positive impact to the business is the key to career progression. There is not a better time, industry or company to enhance your career in sales.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, qualify and close new business opportunities at the Major Accounts level.
- Develop strong relationships and identify prospects needs at all decision-making levels
- Exceed sales goals and quarterly revenue targets while being a collaborative member of the team
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions
- Work closely and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Engineering, Sales Operations and Customer Success to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in salesforce.com
To be successful in this role, you ideally have:
- 5+ years of quota carrying sales experience, preferably in the software or technology industries
- BA/BS degree in business or a related field
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients
- Ability to think critically in a variety of situations, demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients
- Ability to learn and absorb and adapt quickly and rapidly to changing business and customer demands
- Desire to grow professionally and financially
- Ability to travel 30-50% to client meetings as needed