Coder is on a mission to build the best products available for developers. We are looking for an Account Executive to work remotely within our commercial sales department. You will partner with customers to deliver outcomes based on Coder's Developer Velocity platform. Build champions for Coder value proposition with humble confidence - turning prospects to heroes. Come be a part of the next great company and a meaningful part of your customers success.
- Communicate the Coder value proposition in initial and follow-on meetings with prospective customers by telling a story and slides.
- Build a pipeline of qualified opportunities based on your professional network and your excellent outbound hunting skills.
- Leverage your technical understanding of Coder and the Software Development Life Cycle process to understand requirements and project confidence and trust when dealing with technical leadership and staff of customers.
- Demonstrate the Coder software to decision makers and on initial calls to determine qualification, before engaging the Coder technical team.
- Work with sales engineers, solutions architects and customer success managers to deliver an exceptional experience to prospective customers.
- Utilize consultative selling techniques to discover customer challenges and needs and communicate how the Coder value proposition solves them.
- Efficiently handle inbound leads including prompt meeting setup, coordination of Coder resources through the sales cycle.
- Establish relationships with key decision makers, e.g., leadership in DevOps, Engineering, CTO and CIO.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationships using account management principles to ensure customer satisfaction and develop future opportunities
- Travel as-needed to customers
You may be a fit for the role if you:
- 5+ years experience in SaaS prospecting and sales
- 5+ years technical selling experience with $1m+ deals to F500 companies
- Have experience working in early stage software startups
- Have experience in large technology companies working on complex, multi-stakeholder enterprise deals
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills, decisive and result oriented who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proven track record of exceeding performance objectives such as revenue targets, pipeline targets, and outbound activity
- Incredibly self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a sales team by example
- Knowledge of developer tools, CI/CD and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Software development experience
- A Computer Science or related engineering degree
You should include these in your application:
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- Why specifically you are interested in Coder
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description