Coder is on a mission to build enterprise software that makes software developers’ lives easier and lets them write more code. We are looking for an Account Executive to work within our commercial sales department. You will identify, progress and close revenue opportunities with customers for Coder’s Developer Workspace Platform including our popular code-server open-source software. Come be a part of the next great company and a meaningful part of your customers’ success.
- Communicate the Coder value proposition in initial and follow-on meetings with prospective customers by telling a story and slides.
- Demo the Coder software to decision makers and on initial calls to determine qualification, before engaging the Coder technical team.
- Build a pipeline of qualified opportunities based on your professional network and your excellent outbound hunting skills.
- Get it done and close revenue opportunities.
- Work with solutions architects and engineering to deliver an exceptional experience to prospective prospects and customers.
- Efficiently handle inbound leads including prompt meeting setup, coordination of Coder resources through the sales cycle.
- Establish relationships with key decision makers, e.g., leadership in DevOps, Engineering, Information Security, CTO and CIO.
- Travel as-needed to prospects and customers.
What This Job Is Not
- For account executives who are farmers, rely on inbound leads, or have only closed deals at large companies where the deal would have closed with or without you
- For lone wolfs that are not team players - Coder's success is from tight coordination with solutions architects, engineers, finance, co-founders, and marketing
- Coder is not a life-style job - our team does whatever it takes, whenever; and are happy working hard and wearing multiple hats
- Past work at both startup and large software companies
- Self-driven and are good at outbound prospecting
- 5+ years experience in software and/or SaaS prospecting and sales
- Track record of exceeding performance objectives such as revenue targets, pipeline targets, and outbound activity
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills
- Knowledge of developer tools, CI/CD and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Degree in Computer Science
- You are passionate about open source software
- You have strong opinions about engineering workflow
Coder is building the future of software engineering. Almost every software application has moved to the cloud to take advantage of more resources, faster updates, and portability across devices, but the tools we use to build those applications are still stuck in the boxes under your desk or on your lap. Coder aims to change all that.
With Coder, you can use the same development workspace from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. You have consistent and predictable environments, so there’s no more “it works on my machine” because it works on every machine. You can take advantage of powerful cloud servers, so you no longer have to choose between a powerful but immobile desktop or a portable but less capable laptop. You spend less time waiting and tearing your hair out and more time writing and shipping your software.
Coder has raised major backing from high-quality investors. We have amazing interest from prospective customers. The product we’re building has the potential to be used by everyone doing software development all around the world.
We are looking for excellent builders who are excited about the startup experience, passionate about productivity and flow, and eager to take on new challenges and grow with few limits. We want to build a product and a company to last. Part of our culture is a warm, friendly, and supportive environment.
Coder is headquartered in sunny and lively Austin, Texas, but we work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. We provide superb benefits so that you can stay in flow with your focus on your work without worries.
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 2 full weeks. During these 2 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description