BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - BIOPHARMA PARTNERSHIPS
Remote US - Pacific Time Zone
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. To support this growth, Invitae is looking to add a biopharma business development role to join our commercial partnerships team. This team member will be responsible for establishing and growing relationships with senior executives at biopharmaceutical companies with a specific focus on Oncology somatic and germline genomic testing while representing our capabilities in rare disease and other genetic disorders, as well as identify and pursue partnerships to expand Invitae’s data platform offerings.
The role will provide strategic guidance on the growth trajectory of the commercial partnerships team and will play a key part in defining Invitae’s offering to biopharma clients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Prioritizing target partnerships and maintaining relationships with key decision makers with a focus on supporting emerging Oncology molecular clinical technologies
- Identifying and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment to support partnering discussions
- Present technical and commercial perspective on biopharma sponsored clinical trials to support complex product solutions and services for key customer initiatives
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
- Managing relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities to broaden our commercial offering
- Providing guidance on the strategic roadmap for the commercial partnerships team
- Coordinating with our internal support teams during scoping and upon the execution of projects
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years of experience in relevant business development selling to biopharmaceutical companies, including within diagnostics companies, clinical research organizations (CROs), or other roles where relationship-based, consultative selling with biopharma clients is required
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing relationships with senior biopharma executives
- Strong understanding of NGS as well as Pharmaceutical therapeutic development in personalized and targeted medicine
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements (GLP, GCP, GMP, CLIA) within a Drug Development process including Phase I-IV clinical trials and IDE/CDx experience preferred
- Team member who thrives in collaborative team settings with individual accountability
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans and ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic environments
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.