Business Development Representative
Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. We just received $15M in funding to increase our investment in the US. We are hiring additional sales and go-to-market capacity to help us address that opportunity. Brightpearl is headquartered in Bristol in the UK and Austin, Texas in the US.
About the Business Development Representative Role
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities by finding and qualifying leads and following proven processes to prospect into new business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
The Business Development Representative will conduct high-level conversations with business owners and operational staff about their business and the challenges they face with their operations.
You will be working closely with an account executives and solution consultants, marketing, customer success managers and Partner Managers. Being a smaller team, you have access to all departments and will have the chance to work with key decision makers. You will work together with all of these co-workers to help our customers define, adopt and validate the value of Brightpearl. This model is a crucial source of demand generation - happy customers advocate Brightpearl and help drive demand.
The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is outcome-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure. The role reports to the Regional Sales Leader.
Business Development Representative Key Responsibilities
There are four main aspects of the Business Development Representative role:
- Prospect into net new business accounts that fit into Brightpearl’s ideal customer profile
- Work closely with our Partners to develop relationships and drive leads from them;
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the sales team to run successful monthly events (online or in-person);
- Conduct Outbound demand-generation campaigns, supported by Account-Based Marketing and Market Research (i.e. you’ll be provided with contact names and details for prospects we know meet our Ideal Customer Profile).
Additional responsibilities in support of the above are:
- Understand customer goals and challenges, and position Brightpearl as a potential solution;
- Develop processes to generate new sales opportunities;
- Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people and existing technology;
- Engage decision makers in targeted prospect accounts;
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and partners;
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors.
- Adherence to the Brightpearl Sales Playbooks (Sales, Business Development Representative, Partner).
Experience & Requirements:
- Ideally you’ll have 1 year’s experience as a Business Development Representative or Sales Development Representative, working in Technology and/or SaaS sales;
- A strong desire to learn and succeed in technology sales;
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails
- A naturally compelling phone manner;
- Great organization and time management skills are essential;
- IT literate and great at online research;
- The ability to deal with rejection and bounce back quickly;
- Degree educated is preferable.
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself;
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you;
- You want to make a real difference;
- You are naturally entrepreneurial;
- You want to learn, succeed and progress into technology sales.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We are situated in Downtown Austin, in a cool office space with an onsite gym and some amazing colleagues!
At this time, Brightpearl will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.