Business Development Representative at Brightpearl
Come join one of 2020’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin where we’re making the lives of retailers simpler by automating the back office.
We pride ourselves on work-life balance so before we get too into your day-to-day, here are some of the things we bring to the table: generous PTO (20 days in all) plus 12 holidays, 6th street location, 100% paid medical and dental, but that’s not all, check out our perks and benefits tab to the left to see what else!About the Role:
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities by finding potential clients to prospect and qualify into new business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
You will conduct high-level conversations with business owners and operational staff about their business and the challenges they face with their operations.
You will work cross-functionally with all departments to help our customers define, adopt and validate the value of Brightpearl. This role is normally an in-office position, but for everyone’s safety, we are working from home for the foreseeable future.Your Day-to-Day:
- Prospect into net new business accounts that fit into Brightpearl’s ideal customer profile (calls, emails, social, etc)
- Conduct high-level qualification calls to executives in our target accounts.
- Identify mutually-beneficial relationships with partners, helping to strategize new sales opportunities
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the sales team to run successful monthly events (online or in-person)
- Understand customer goals and challenges, and position Brightpearl as a potential solution
- Develop processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Engage decision makers in targeted prospect accounts
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and partners
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Ideally, you’ll have one year’s experience as a Business Development Representative or Sales Development Representative, working in Technology and/or SaaS sales
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Great organization and time management skills are essential
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Located in Austin, Texas or willing to relocate
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work 2020
- Competitive compensation package: salary, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision
- 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Frequent virtual socials
- Healthy work-life balance
Right now, we’re all doing our part to flatten the curve by working from home, but whenever its safe to return to the office, we offer:
- A downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
- Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with!
Brightpearl is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.