Commercial Account Executive, Global Services at Rapid7
Rapid7 (Nasdaq: RPD) is advancing security with visibility, analytics, and automation delivered through our Insight cloud. Our solutions simplify the complex, allowing security teams to work more effectively with IT and development to reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. Over 9,900 customers rely on Rapid7 technology, services, and research to improve security outcomes and securely advance their organization. For more information, visit our website, check out our blog, or follow us on LinkedIn
We are looking for someone to sell our Offensive Security & Penetration Testing services, Strategic Advisory services and Incident Response & Forensic services to customers in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. This role requires partnering with a team of Account Executives to drive services business in both new and existing customers.
How We Set You Up For Success
- Best-in-class sales enablement training: training program focused around an introduction to our industry and how to sell our security solutions.
- Follow-up training and coaching sessions paired with sales process and methodology training.
- A ramp quota that is designed to prioritize your development and training in order to have a successful, long-term tenure with the organization.
- Support and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback from your direct manager.
- An opportunity to build equity within the organization, including a clear promotion path and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Partnership opportunities with cross-functional teams to help fuel your development and continue to secure new customers, including the marketing, sales engineering, and legal teams, among others.
- The ability to travel and be onsite with customers for QBR's, trade shows, and in-person meetings (post pandemic).
To be successful in this role, you ideally have:
- 2-3 years of experience successfully selling a technical product, preferably software services, or specifically pentesting or advisory services.
- General technical knowledge of enterprise networking, application components & variations, cloud computing & environments.
- Ability to drive consensus between multiple buyers within each assigned account and develop champions to target the Economic Buyer – i.e. get “high and wide”.
- Understand customer decision criteria for budgeted and unbudgeted needs. Inspires confidence in prospective buyers.
- Ability to have strategic, business-oriented conversation at the VP and CISO level. Able to convey technical differentiators and link those differentiators to business value.
- Command of the forecast and sales process – reliably knows where she/he is in the sales process and whether/when to move opportunity into best case or commit for the quarter.
- Intellectual Curiosity – will research each account in territory and use that research to develop a hypothesis about how the solution will likely create value for the prospect.
- Probing and Discovery – able to ask second and third-level probing questions.