Director of Commercial Sales: Central US at Rapid7
Rapid7 (Nasdaq: RPD) is advancing security with visibility, analytics, and automation delivered through our Insight cloud. Our solutions simplify the complex, allowing security teams to work more effectively with IT and development to reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. Over 9,900 customers rely on Rapid7 technology, services, and research to improve security outcomes and securely advance their organization. For more information, visit our website, check out our blog, or follow us on LinkedIn.
Rapid7 is looking for an experienced Sales Director to manage the Rapid7 Commercial Sales team, supporting the growth of our Central Region. Reporting to the VP Commerical Sales, this Sales Director will manage 4 teams of account executives based in both Austin, TX & Boston, MA who are responsible for the full sales lifecycle from creating initial interest through deal closure, as well as building out a go-to-market plan including both direct sales and through leveraging channel partnerships. This is an opportunity to be one of the key sales leaders in driving Rapid7’s continued advancement and expansion on our path to $1b and beyond.
We’re seeking a proven sales manager who can inspire and mentor Managers and teams of Account Executives while continuing to build our Commercial sales organization.
● Partner with the Go-to-Market leadership team as well as cross-functionally across other departments within Rapid7 to create the ultimate end-to-end customer experience
● Identify and create development learning tracks with each member of the team
● Manage teams remotely while also being willing to travel to meet teams and customers in various cities throughout the US
● Help close six-figure software deals leveraging internal and external partnerships
● Establish team budgets, quotas, activity metrics, and forecasts to support company business goals
● Foster a positive environment of collaboration and professional growth
Qualifications and Traits
● 5+ years of sales and high ARR growth experience
● 3+ years of sales management and leadership experience, including building and developing management teams and cross-functional organizations
● Demonstrated track record of building dynamic, diverse teams across remote locations, and enterprise and commercial accounts
● Demonstrated success in an evangelical sales model disruptive to a traditional industry to define a new market evolution supporting customer needs
● Direct SaaS sales background, with recurring subscription revenue models
● Proven ability to position multiple product and technology solutions to solve business problems; experience in the Security, Cloud, or IT ecosystem hugely beneficial
● History of coaching and developing employees and leading through change
● Experience in building out a Channel-focused sales model