The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for hardworking Senior AE who will be responsible for prospecting and closing net new business. You will work cooperatively with internal departments to improve the velocity of business and to build solutions that serve the best interests of our customers at MongoDB. Join a growing sales team with tremendous upside for growth. We value high aptitude and coachability over experience, so if you feel like you are the right fit for this diverse team, please contact us.
This may be one of the most challenging jobs you’ll have in your career and that’s a good thing! Selling critical software to developers while there’s a free open-source option is as difficult as it gets. The complexity makes you have a strong discovery process along with a sales methodology most software sales companies don’t teach. We pride ourselves on development. We have a best in breed sales enablement training, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs. We like to say, “Come to MongoDB and get your Masters in sales.” Our culture is truly driven by our Account Executives. As a leadership team, we’ve invested in ways to not only attract, hire, and develop our talent but to also ensure our Account Executives are set up for long term success and have fun while doing it.
To learn more about how to land a Corporate Sales role at MongoDB, read this article by Javier Molina, VP of Corporate Sales, Americas.
- Cultivate sales through outbound prospecting and inbound leads
- Meet and exceed individual monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Become a specialist in managing your sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Drive recurring revenue as well as professional services
- Handle quote creation, order processing, and day-to-day customer requests
- Work with Marketing to assist with trade shows, and other marketing related events
- 3+ years of experience in Sales; database or software preferred
- Proven history of consistent goal achievement in a highly driven environment (top 10% performer)
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a quota and commission structure
- Consistent process and approach to territory management, prospecting and sales cycle management
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with database, web server, and open source technology a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.