Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 70 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
At Liquibase, we value individual freedom and embrace remote work. We hire internationally, based on merit, to create a diverse team of top-performing people no matter where they live. As a global team, we still highly value collaboration and expect everyone to work similar hours (at least 4 hours overlap with the team in US Central Time).
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
What you’ll be doing:
- Solving interesting problems, and working cross functionally to build value for Liquibase and customers
- Building new customer pipeline and progressing those deals through early stages
- Executing multi-touch lead follow up via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Partnering with Marketing to develop demand generation strategies
- Conducting and leading calls with prospective customers to identify new Opportunities
- Maintaining CRM (Hubspot) to ensure continuity in context for better customer service
- Align with tenured Regional Sales Manager to develop and execute territory strategy
- Work in an environment where sales career growth is encouraged, supported, and proven
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years in business development or insides sales experience
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems; As a startup, you will see unique circumstances where there is no playbook and ability to think outside the box and adapt quickly will be key.
- Proven ability to create demand
- Proven ability to develop Opportunities from green field prospects
- Successful track record of sustained achievement of targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CRM experience (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot) strongly desired
A Bachelor’s degree OR relevant work experience is required.
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company