Sales Planner, Global Advertising
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Global Advertising team at HomeAway is looking for a highly motivated, client-service driven, Sales Planner to work as member of our Pre/Post Sales Team.
You will primarily support Sales Managers and, in partnership with Ad Operations, Analytics, and Ad Product, will collectively handle client relationships and assist in all aspects of the sales process from proposal to post analysis. The chosen candidate is highly detail oriented, can thrive in a deadline-oriented environment and has a working knowledge of the ad sales process. A high-energy with great interpersonal skills and a positive attitude is a must.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers to understand client’s objectives and needs.
- Organize research and aggressive information for Sales Managers via ComScore and other internal research vehicles.
- Develop ad sales to take to market.
- Develop strategic media plans in response to RFPs and brainstorm with internal teams to craft creative solutions for RFPs.
- Pulling inventory forecasts using DFP Availability Forecast for programmatic deals.
- Craft Advertising Insertion Orders and fill out agency spec sheets and templates.
- Ensure a level of customer service with all clients.
- Craft and provide weekly reporting on all active campaigns.
- Work with Ad Operations to handle campaign delivery and optimization including preparing and delivering all post analytics.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience at an online publisher in sales or support or experience at a digital agency in planning or buying group.
- Deep understanding of Programmatic Media Marketplaces, DFP, Comscore, Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint are critical).
- Experience working in fast-growing environments on high performing teams preferred.
- High-energy and strong analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and partnership skills essential.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.