Senior Sales Development Representative at Rapid7
We help make the world a better place by helping companies understand how they can securely advance through Rapid7’s products, solutions, research, and expertise. The North American Sales Development team sets the stage for the customer experience through our prospect-centric engagement with cybersecurity team members and leaders. We believe we have the best talent and are committed to Sales Development Representative (SDR) career development. Our SDRs are key contributors to Rapid7’s growth as future exceptional Account Executives and through the creation of high-quality pipeline. The Sales Development team is one of the first interactions our prospective customers have with Rapid7 and is a key driver of our success.
We are seeking a Senior Sales Development Representative to join our team and help make the world a better place. Flexible hours and remote locations are available.
The Sr. Sales/Business Development Representative performs all business development activities within the full lifecycle of the top of the funnel and is responsible for identifying and qualifying leads, capturing and winning new business pursuits, and engaging in initial conversations with prospects to help achieve the annual revenue goals of the Sales Team.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Establish, research, and engage enterprise level prospects within your respective territory (Practitioners up to C-level executives at largest companies)
• Being held to daily and weekly activity KPIs (Emails, calls, LinkedIn Messaging)
• Creating a pre-determined number of opportunities per quarter (not just meetings, but actually handling meetings and qualifying conversations in partnership with Account Executives)
• Actively manage a portfolio of prospects and contacts in Salesforce and set up nurturing activities in SalesLoft to generate active engagement with prospects
• Work cross-functionally with the Marketing Team to intensify inbound leads and outbound prospecting efforts
• Set up comprehensive prospecting approaches (1:1 account management, outbound campaigns, etc.) including emails, calls, and other innovative approaches
• Create relevant and impactful content in email correspondence with decision-makers in prospect organizations
• Manage sales down funnel until passed on to Account Executive
• Deliver Rapid7 portfolio value proposition with prospect companies providing them a consultative approach: speaking to their problems and how Rapid7’s products, services, and research strategy might help them solve their challenges
• Be the expert in your territory understanding key players, opportunities, market trends, and challenges
• Collaborate with Account Executives to strategize and team on account penetration plans by providing key insights into areas of development and potential roadblocks
• 2+ year of sales development/business development experience
• Strong background creating content when needed to pursue opportunities
• Demonstrated success pitching to the C-suite within enterprise organizations
• Bachelor's degree
• Open to getting and delivering feedback for consistent improvement
• 1+ years on experience in the SaaS solution space a plus
• Strong understanding of the cybersecurity space and tech space a plus