Senior Manager, Talent Management
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Sr Manager, Talent Management will lead initiatives that enable extraordinary performance of our talent by delivering industry recognized performance excellence and diversity initiatives. Central to this approach are our Trust Culture and our unique approach to setting stretch goals as part of the OKRs model.
We are innovating the traveler and partner experience and seeking to evolve employee experience at each step of the journey. We have invested in redefining our culture and delivering world-class development opportunities for those looking to stretch their careers into multi-dimensional and functional problem solving. We will continue innovating for our employees and testing the touch points along the employee journey as we strive to be a top destination for global talent.
In this newly crafted role, your responsibilities will combine design and change performance excellence mentoring skills, where journey mapping will enable desired outcomes and increase engagement. You will work collaboratively with the wider HR team and partners across the business to design and develop programs which deliver employee happiness and strong brand perception. You will act as the custodian of Employee Experience and serve as the voice of the employee using cultural artifacts and insight, effective storytelling and influencing. In order to achieve this, you will bring world-class experience in designing and evolving the OKR model within an Agile environment.
We will bring to bear your experience beyond performance management, annual appraisals and performance scoring. It’s essential we identify an EXJM authority capable of driving a culture of opportunities that is both fluent in user design models and a proven data driven decision maker. You will bring experience with leading performance methodologies and ideally have background in career coaching. Our talent thrives in the Growth Mindset culture where we enable high performance, not manage it. Closely connected to Performance Enablement is career mapping and progression with key success factors being close collaboration with HRBP team, compensation and benefits, recruitment and L&D teams. We collaborate with the global network of Expedia, Inc HR professionals to deepen our insights, share best practices, align our approach and sharpen our thinking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in an Agile environment where the HR profession is evolving to enable multi-dimensional problem solving via user-design thinking, product management and data science. We are set to change the traditional remits and boundaries of the Human Resources profession and are looking for a risk taker and change maker that wants to test and learn their way into the top of their profession.
- Demonstrated experience and track record of success crafting and coaching the OKR model.
- End to End exposure the Employee Journey from Attraction, Hire, In-life, Leave & Re-join.
- Performance enablement in high performing teams.
- Career mapping and succession planning.
- Demonstrable experience driving and delivering successful employee engagement programs.
- Working across virtual teams applying Agile methodologies.
- Strong program management skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional partners and present change management initiatives to the leadership team.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.