Affiliate Partnerships Manager - North America at Expedia Group
Vrbo is looking for a bright, driven, and experienced Affiliate Partnerships Manager to expand our affiliate distribution channels (B-to-B) in North America. Your market knowledge and network in the online travel space, together with experienced sales and communication skills and convincing analytical abilities to close deals with prospects of strategic importance, will allow you to build strong and long-term affiliate partnerships with new and existing partners.
You can expect a dynamic environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing valuable career-building experience. The role is ideal for a highly motivated, can-do attitude individual who can network and establish relationships, both internally and externally, influence decision makers at all levels and wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful company. You will learn how to work in a professional environment, with many opportunities to be exposed to new tools, skills, and different departments across our entire business.
This role reports into the Head of Affiliate Partnerships – Americas and will work closely with other members of this team.Responsibilities:
- Research, identify and segment business opportunities with partners in your region (websites/mobile platforms) who generate qualified traffic and/or who have a strong brand;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with our range of services to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Manage all processes leading up to finalizing distribution deals (i.e. prospecting, making first contact, meetings, contracting, integration, follow up, relationship management);
- Build and maintain a professional network within the online travel industry;
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies;
- Proactively grow and manage your sales pipeline, while supporting other colleagues in the team to keep growing our business as a team;
- Monitor, research, and report findings on market developments in your region;
- Willing to travel to meet clients in face-to-face meetings or to attend conferences.
- Maintain and develop successful business partnerships with Vrbo’s business partners and manage all aspects of partner interactions;
- Monitor the success of each account and manage client relationships in order to maximize profitability of the account by advising on Vrbo products and services;
- Support the Regional Manager in continuously growing our key affiliate accounts and the overall business development in North America;
- Attend travel conferences in in your region to increase your network and promote Vrbo.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience within digital marketing industry;
- Excellent knowledge of the (online) travel industry; specifically, the vacation rental category;
- Demonstrate professionalism and skills in specialized internet advertising techniques and knowledge of both affiliate marketing and search marketing;
- BA/BS or higher, from an accredited college or university;
- Commercial focus, sales driven, results oriented and a client relationships manager;
- Exemplify the hands-on approach and eager to learn;
- Strong communication, negotiation & reporting skills;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Fluent in English; additional languages are a plus;
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.