The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With MongoDB for Academia we want to create the best learning experiences for students and prepare future developers to build modern applications using MongoDB. Building presence in Academia through partnerships and nurturing an educator community is a core piece of our strategy to reach the next generation of developers. We’re looking for a partnerships manager to build out this strategy and to strengthen valuable connections with universities, bootcamps and creators of online courses thereby extending our footprint in Academia.
Join our team to be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Responsibilities
- Grow MongoDB’s presence in academia by sourcing and establishing strong and long-lasting relationships with educators at academic institutions, bootcamps or online learning platforms
- Cultivating champions and scaling an educator community and supporting their needs
- Advocate on behalf of the educators to influence future content and program roadmap that support the educator needs. Work cross functionally with the Academia program manager, curriculum and marketing team members to drive this forward
- Evangelize the benefits of document databases and position MongoDB as the core data platform for Academia by engaging with the wider community through workshops, user groups, presentations and at events
- Serve as the primary contact for educators & partners who wish to join the MongoDB for Academia program and onboard new partners
- 3+ Years experience in business development and partnership management
- Problem solver, strategic thinker and comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Experience in driving product adoption within large organizations (preferably within Academia / bootcamps)
- Experience managing and building relationships with Educators
- Curious and interested in the latest trends in the tech and EdTech
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Experience in the tech industry
- Experience creating customer-facing/ developer focused content
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.