Sales Engineer at DISCO
!Sorry, this job was removed at 10:57 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Sales Engineer Job Description
The Sales Engineer, serving as a product expert, is responsible for providing current and prospective clients with technical and workflow sales consulting support over the course of the customer lifecycle.
Sales engineers act as the technical liaison between our clients and cross-departmentally between Sales, Client Success, Product and Marketing stakeholders. This role is charged with fully understanding customer requirements, presenting DISCO solutions and services, providing workflow recommendations and generally supporting the pre-sales function of domain expertise throughout the client buying life-cycle.
The Sales Engineer will additionally serve as a lead point of contact for scoping and managing pre-sales product assessments including deep-dive education and proofs of concept. When responding to RFI/RFP and InfoSec inquiries, the Sales Engineer will be responsible to lead the research and response efforts related to product, service and security content.
- Provide exemplary product demonstration skills with the ability to craft realtime value propositions based on client persona’s and in-meeting feedback
- Support all product-related field enablement efforts including demo certification preparation of new and existing sales team
- Collect business and technical information from clients regarding requirements and leverage DISCO stakeholders to support account acquisition and growth plans
- Actively participate in sales calls involving complex technical and workflow requirements
- Collaborate with field reps and sales leadership on deal cycles to build and deliver an effective close strategy
- Act as a technical consultant to the DISCO client base in explaining product capabilities, limitations, and implementation requirements and describing technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives
- Scope and develop product evaluation plans, based on client-defined success criteria, to deliver revenue-generating opportunities along with field teams. This includes deep-dive demos, hands-on training, and proofs of concept.
- Effectively articulate the competitive value of disrupting and emerging ediscovery technologies to end-users and decision-makers
- Ownership of client questionnaire processes including the ability to liaise between clients and DISCO’s internal teams such as Product, Client Success, and Marketing.
- Identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business, then communicate those issues and possible solutions to internal stakeholders.
- Use industry knowledge and language to illustrate our solutions, supporting and empowering the existing customer sales teams.
- Participate in pre-sales meetings on-site or at customer locations as needed. Provide candid and helpful feedback to colleagues which can be used to improve all future field efforts.
- 5+ years of experience in the eDiscovery industry relating to sales, technical pre-sales, consulting or project management experience - preferably with software or service provider experience
- Strong knowledge of eDiscovery from law firm and corporate legal perspectives
- Must have hands-on experience with administration ediscovery processing and review platforms
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate technical verbiage into easily understandable language for customers
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional sales management methods and techniques
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided
- Ability to travel domestically (25 - 50%)
- Experience with forensics and managed review services
- Substantial experience working in enterprise-type software sales or consulting environment
- Implementation and training experience
- Project management experience involving supporting end-users
- Ability to operate independently with a high degree of energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401k
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day, as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description